| || |
Nether Barr Steading
| Click for more images Click for more images Click for more images ||Go back » |
|Address||Mrs Carol Bell Nether Barr Steading, Newton Stewart|
|Website||Please click here|
|Contact Us Direct On||01671 404 326|
|Dalbeattie||38 miles east|
|Sleeps up to||21|
|Glentrool||12 miles north|
|Kirroughtree||4 miles west|
|Irish Ferry||25 miles west|
|VisitScotland Quality Assurance Star Grading||3 Star|
|Cyclists Welcome Affiliated||yes|
|Mountain Biker Friendly||Yes|
Nether Barr Steading is a fine stone built courtyard steading converted into six self-catering cottages, within walking distance or a short drive from Newton Stewart. Set in 15 acres of farmland elevated above the River Cree, the cottages provide a "home from home" comfort with magnificent views towards the Galloway Hills.
Nestled in a peaceful area in southwest Scotland at the gateway to the Galloway Forest Park, there is plenty to see and do. Nether Barr Steading makes an ideal base for mountain biking, we are close to Kirroughtree and Glentrool, part of the 7stanes and we can cater for short breaks all year round at a rate of only £50 per night for a lodge which can sleep up to 4. Selected November short breaks. Enjoy a weekend in Galloway from only £15pppn! Contact us for details.
Each lodge has been individually designed to enhance the natural charm of the buildings. Electricity, linen (except for cots) and towels are provided at no additional cost.
Nether Barr Steading Lodges features include:
- The living areas are open plan incorporating lounge/dining area and fitted kitchen.
- The kitchens are fully equipped with electric cooker, microwave, fridge freezer and washer / dryer.
- The bathrooms have shaver points, showers and baths.
- The lounge areas have CD players, DVD players and flat screen TVs with built in freeview. We can also provide additional Z-beds in the larger lodges if required.
- The office hosts an extensive DVD library and board games and books which guests are free to use.
- There is ample parking available.
- Guests are free to wander around the 15 acres of farm land.
- Newly built walk/cycle path into Newton Stewart, only 1 mile from Nether Barr into town.
- Well-behaved pets are welcome by prior arrangement but dogs must be kept on a lead.
- All lodges are no-smoking.
- Bike shed & outdoor hose for all mountain bike enthusiasts.